It’s impossible to celebrate the 4th of July and not pay major homage to the men and women who serve our country. Callaway Golf has long been a proud supporter of giving back to golf-related military charitable foundations. Through our long-term commitment with organizations such as Birdies For The Brave and Bunkers for Baghdad, thousands of soldiers have felt the positive impact of the more than $6.7 million in cash and equipment donations provided by Callaway.
“We are honored to be a part of these programs,” said Dean Teykl, Callaway’s PGA Tour and Champions Tour manager. “To be able to give back to these unselfish warriors is the least we can do. Without them doing what they do for us, we wouldn’t have the freedom to do all we do in this great country.”
During 2013-’14 Tour season alone, Callaway has already fit 20 Wounded Warriors with the latest gear at 10 stops on Tour, with six more fittings scheduled later this year (at the John Deere Classic, Barclays and Tour Championship).
Let’s go inside the numbers:
- Since 2009, Callaway has donated $425,176 in golf balls, golf clubs and accessories to Bunkers in Baghdad, an organization created in 2008. Recently they just topped over 5,000,000 golf balls and over 200,000 golf clubs (see tweet below).
- $6,478,313 in deployed military donations to over 423 sites in Iraq and Afghanistan
- $155,124 in new product to giveaway at fundraisers and tournaments
- $100,200 from the Callaway Foundation supporting Phil Mickelson’s Birdies For The Brave initiative ($70,200) and donations made to Camp Pendleton YMCA and San Diego Armed Forces YMCA ($30,000)
- Additionally, we support the military through our Callaway Golf Community Giving (CG2) volunteer events. Most recently, Callaway employees participated in repair and clean-up work on at a Wounded Warriors facility in Oceanside, Calif.