Stephanie Meadow made an unforgettable professional debut last month at Pinehurst, and now the 22-year-old is the newest member of #TeamCallaway. As a Staff Pro, she’ll officially play Callaway equipment, wear Callaway apparel and use a Callaway Staff Bag starting this week at the Women’s British Open.
Here’s a look at some of the equipment that she’s already playing:
Big Bertha Alpha Driver (9.5°)
X-Forged ’13 Irons (5-9)
Stephanie made waves at the major at Pinehurst last month, finishing 3rd in her first professional event. She also was T3 last week at the Ladies European Masters and then on Monday qualified for the Women’s British Open.
Here are a few things you should know about her:
- She was born and raised in Jordanstown, Northern Ireland.
- After coming to the U.S., she played collegiate golf at the University of Alabama, where she was a 4-time 1st Team All-American and a 1st Team Academic All-American. She helped lead the program to their first Women’s National Championship in 2012.
- She won 9 tournaments at the University of Alabama and set almost every record for the women’s program, including career scoring average and rounds under par.
- Clinched a Curtis Cup victory for Great Britain & Ireland in 2012.
- Won the 2012 Ladies British Open Amateur Championship.
She’s got serious game, and we’re excited to see what she does this week and going forward. Welcome to the team, Stephanie!
For more on all our Staff Pros, take a look at our #TeamCallaway page.